YaDeLi — Yet another Device Link for IL–2 — was created because IL–2 supports only 4 USB gamecontrollers. This limitation is hardcoded and cannot even be rectified by Team Daidalos. YaDeLi connects the axes of the USB gamcontrollers above 4 to functions inside IL–2 by using the Device Link Interface.
What YaDeLi does:
- Connects game controller axes with controls inside IL–2 (using IL–2s DeviceLink).
- Supports user defined profiles (collections) of such connections (e.g. one for single engine fighters, another for a twin engined Mosquito, ...).
- Supports the following controls in IL–2:
- Power Left Engines
- Power Right Engines
- Propeller Pitch
- Propeller Pitch Left Engines
- Propeller Pitch Right Engines
- Trim Ailerons
- Trim Elevator
- Trim Rudder
- Supports up to 8 axes for each game controller and an unlimited number of game controllers.
- Offers a fix for the "G940 Reversal Bug".
What YaDeLi doesn‘t do:
- It doesn‘t support game controller buttons (do use AutoHotkey, it‘s open source and almost perfect).
- It doesn‘t read from DeviceLink (would be useless online, anyway).
YaDeLi has been made for:
- Those of us, who use more than the 4 game controllers that IL–2 supports.
- Those owners of a Logitech G940 Flight System who have not yet modded the "Reversal Bug" away.
- Those owners of a Logitech G940 Flight System who have modded the "Reversal Bug" and have found that the modded pedals will not show under "Game Controllers", but will still block ID3 within IL2 ....
- ... suggestions, anyone?